Before knowing about e-Commerce, what is commerce ? Commerce is the activity of buying and selling of goods and services from the producer and end with consumer especially on a large scale or quantity. It is nothing but exchanging the Goods and Services.
e-Commerce or electronic commerce, also known as e-Business, or electronic business, is the sale and purchase of services and goods through an electronic medium, like the Internet. e-Commerce also involves electronically transferring data and funds between two or more parties. Simply says, it is online shopping as we commonly know it.
The Benefits of e-commerce
- The business is always open 24/7. Customer can buy or sell or enquire any product or service which is provided by a company anytime, anywhere from any location.
- By using e-commerce, the products are reached to more customers, there is no limit to one place.
- Organization is expanded easily and their business is located to national and international with minimum investment.
- Using E-commerce, an organization can easily find more customers, best suppliers and suitable business partners and connect to across the globe.
- e-commerce improves the brand name of the company through the world.
- e-commerce helps organization to provide better customer services.
- e-commerce enables companies to interact directly with more customers closely even if through mediators.
- customers can easily select products with details and demos etc. from different companies without moving around physically.
- e-commerce has enabled access to services and products to rural areas also.
The Do’s e-commerce
- Use quality images of product: As the old proverb goes, a picture speaks a thousand words. So fresh, clear quality photos will add value to your site. Include different angles too.
- Take reviews from customers: Listen to your customers because your unhappy customers are the best source of learning. Solve most of their problems. Also, a satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all. So that taking reviews are very important and Now a days, lot of people are buying products based on reviews.
- Design for all devices: Always make sure your website is fully flexible and viewable to all devices ― Desktop, Tablet and Mobile. Today People uses mobile and tablet than desktops and are more likely to purchase while on mobile devices. So Responsive design is very important.
- Test Links: Check every link of the product before posting in e commerce website. If your links don’t work, then you will lose the trust of your customer. Take a look at your website on at least three different browsers, such as Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari to make sure everything is in line.
- Test the product: Before selling any product, Find out Whether the product is good or not and there is demand for the product or not. First Try to sell samples of the product for feedback or Conduct online surveys or start with friends and friends of friends. If you sell the product without testing, then you will lose customers.
The Don’ts of E-commerce
- Represent wrong information of product: Never represent wrong information or wrong features of the product. wrong information of the product will only lead to your visitors getting frustrated from buying from you in the first place. This is never good type of business.
- DON’T Use Social Sharing Buttons on Product Pages Instead, DO put social sharing buttons on the sales confirmation page.
- Don’t ignore pop ups: But be careful and use them in friendly manner when use the pop-ups. Nobody likes being forced to do anything. When using pop-ups are OK, make sure you place them on appropriate pages and give them some friendly timing.
- Don’t ignore your customers: Don’t ignore your customers. knowing who wants to buy your products makes it a lot easier to sell it to them. Feedback is also the most valuable tool of all for building a loyal customer base.