This page is about email marketing
Email marketing is used to promote your business through emails where you can reach thousands of consumers directly via electronic mail with the single click. Different ways are used to send email. Email marketing is the best and effective way of communication. It also allow you to monitor the results of your email campaigns on the real time basis. Using email marketing, clients and consumers can communicate directly with each other.
Email marketing has many advantages over traditional mail marketing, the following are the some of the advantages:
Tracking and Feedback: Using Email marketing, everything can be tracked. We can easily measure who clicked, how much time they clicked and more. Tracking and feedback is difficult for most of the markets but Email marketing is different from them in such a way as well we can also get valuable feedback from customers.
Advertisers can reach major numbers of email subscribers who are suitable for receiving email communications on subjects of interest to them.
Most of all Internet users check or send email on a typical day.
Email enables marketers to reach out to customers with personalized, relevant, dynamic messages.
Transactional emails permit businesses to respond automatically to important customer events like purchases or shop-cart abandonment.
The main disadvantages are that customers email program are surrounded by email marketing with rejection or spam rate of the emails, negatively affecting the delivery rate of the emails. email marketing has somewhat been eliminated with the idea of “Opt-in” emailing, where the customer agrees to receiving the emails and therefore stops the idea of receiving no-reply emails – Ideally maintaining emails that are apt and appropriate to each individual recipient.
Email marketing Do’s
- Set yourself up for success by asking your customer what they want and Get them to opt-in your emails.
- Include your company name on the “from” line
- Make sure your subject line relates to your content.
- Communicate clearly and briefly
- use short paragraphs.
- Use Header. It serves as base template for all of your emails.
- content should be relevant and useful to your customer.
- highlight the most important information and include links to boost traffic and interaction.
- thank you clients for their time and make them feel appreciated.
- DO send a dedicated email: Email is the traffic generator for promotions and conversions with customers. So dedicate email must be sent with interactive content to announce your promotion or conversation.
- DO optimize mail for mobile: Today most of them uses mobile devices to check mail or anything. All emails must be optimized for mobile, including creating buttons and links big to click. The human fingertip is large when touch the screen, so links should be at least that size or bigger.
- DO keep your tone conversational: Write your copy and subject-line with a conversational tone and keep things brief So limit your emails to only a few sentences. When you only have a few seconds to connect with the reader, it’s important to hook them quickly.
- DON’T include tons of links: Most of them expect by including lots of links in entire message would help boost engagement, But in reality, it is never helps. Most of the links are difficult to guide on desktop and practically un-clickable when on a mobile device.
- DON’T use one large image as entire email: Images are great, but many email clients won’t display them. Designing your email with one large image can create to negative opinion that users may automatically delete without a second look. Use only small images with positive impression.
- DON’T modify from name: Keeping your from name consistent will help reduce confusion from your customers as well from their email providers. Whatever you choose, confirm it’s clear, consistent, and recognizable.
- DON’T forget the pre-header text: The pre-header text is frequently failed to notice, but represents valuable email real estate. Use this as space to highlight the brief summary of what the email is about, includes information, summary, and additional incentives.